Saturday 19 July 2014

In the Dark

Kohl smeared over my eyes;
the joy of meeting you after a long time.
Wanting to look my best in glitter slippers,
dancing to the beat of my heart's flutter.
We had planned to meet at the same old spot.
I had been sad for days ,you hadn't picked my calls.
Half in joy, half in pain.
I moved my legs in a dreamy way.
We met with a very formal greeting
A smile on my face, on yours a grin.
And I felt something different in your expression.
You acted like all's right but I felt a kind of tension.
You said let's go to the coffee shop
But I insisted we rather go to the park.
We sat on a bench and before you could talk,
I looked you in the eye and asked what was wrong.
And then I heard a shower of the most harmful words.
Lie after lie, hurt after hurt.
I could not believe my eyes or my ears.
Love had long gone and left behind an ocean full of tears.
Before wasting anymore time than I already had,
I got up to go with a goodbye hand.
I ran as fast as I could, went as far as I  could.
And only stopped as I reached the bus stop.
I sat on the waiting bench as the bus had not come yet.
And everything I had ignored back then started to make sense.
I was never loved , only made to believe I was.
I gave him my heart but his heart was cursed.
Liars can not be friends or lovers.
Only villains can they be.
I could have known his heart.
Had I noticed the person he was to everybody.
They say we suffer for a good reason.
And from our mistakes we learn.
We let the past lift off our hearts,
To meet a someone true who lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment