Wednesday 30 July 2014

Dig up life

An unexpected journey taken on an impulse
Brought me to a travel on a train.
I got down and walked on foot to a small town,
within a city a place of its own.

I sat inside a cafe small,
And watched outside through its window still,
A Street rustling with a life loud
With colours dull and brown.

While I ordered a cup of coffee and a cupcake,
The lady on the counter had a smile not fake.
She took my order in the most pleasing way.
I lifted my food plate and went back to my sitting place.

From the window I saw
the poorest poor and the richest rich.
Poor from the tattered clothes and tough life.
Rich from the hard work and joy in their eyes.

A difference from the way we live in the cities,
The way we give up on small little things.
The proud in their walk like the richest king
Wasn't at all wrong for being a fearless being.

As I ate inside the sheltered nice place
I saw people having their meal at the dirty road carts.
While the sun, wind and flies embraced them all
they ate as if eating at a fancy restaurant.

We look at them with judging eyes
While they should be the ones to judge our pride.
After all they are a bunch of happy men
And we unhappy despite of the luxuries we get.

Its better to live a simple life
Where people are weighed higher than the material
Than live forever chasing meaningless success
When our dreams are other than those we are running for.

A day made all the difference to me.
An open look towards life is all we need.
We look only at the surface of the things.
While inside we can find true happiness if we dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment